A question, when my leg was severely damaged I was advised by the doctor and nurse that even normal drugstore hydrogen peroxide is strong enough to kill healthy skin cells and I was ordered to clean my surgical spots with it diluted half and half with water. Comments? I also understand that is not to be used for brushing teeth as it is too corrosive to enamel?

So anyway my dog cut her leg badly on a piece of lava. I carried her to my truck (I learned to never get a dog too big to carry) and made her lie still until we could get her home. Being that it was a Sunday I washed the large open wound with hydrogen peroxide - I probably diluted it, photographed it closeup - and carefully closed the wound so no hair was inside and wrapped it with vet wrap and told her "no lick" which she seemed to understand.

The next afternoon I got her in to see a vet and we unwrapped the wound. I showed him the print of the closeup and he was amazed and said, "If you hadn't shown me the picture I would not have believed her leg was laid open like that 24 hours ago." It had healed closed and we never did anything more and she was fine afterwards. goodjob So maybe hydrogen peroxide does belong in a first aid kit to be used on humans and dogs and vet wrap can be used for both species as well.
Jim crazy