This story about a mystery person is just so much BS.

Back in Sep 2005 I started a "How To" thread at backpackinglight.com, titled "Cuben/Amigo H2O Water Filter-Bag Replacement".

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/xdpy/forum_thread/1294/index.html

The thread evolved into a complete made over for the ULA H2O Amigo Water Filter.

I didn't like the filter that came with it and changed it to a much lightened Katadyn Hiker-Pro filter.

At the same time I moved the filter from hanging under the water bag to inside the water bag.

I then made a new water bag out of Cuben Fiber and the total weight was now under 2 ounces.

Jerry Goller from Backpacking Gear Test.com read about what I was doing and sent me an email saying he wanted to show my version to Brian.

I never really knew that Brian brought out a new filter that he now called the ULA Amigo Pro till much later. I never received any notice from Brian about his use of my ideas for his new water filter. Take a look at my filter and then look at the Amigo Pro.

When I read about the new owners and this story about where the idea came from I sent them an email with about the same message you are reading here and the link to my filter. Check the dates. I don't know who the mystery person is, but I still have all the emails between me and Jerry Goller.

I told them to put it back into production that after all it was just a water filter, a bag, some fittings and a piece of hose. The ULA Amigo Pro is a "clone / copy" of my water filter, not some mystery persons.

Edited by gardenville (01/05/10 11:46 PM)