Since there are a number of different levels involved in EN13537 ratings, it doesn't help when the company just states one temperature rating and doesn't say which one it is.

Here are the levels:
Quote:
• The EN 13537 Upper Limit or Maximum Temperature is the highest temperature at which a ‘standard’ adult male is able to have a comfortable night’s sleep without excess sweating.
• The EN 13537 Comfort rating is based on a ‘standard’ woman having a comfortable night’s sleep.
• The EN 13537 Lower Limit is based on the lowest temperature at which as ‘standard’ adult male is deemed to be able to have a comfortable night’s sleep.
• The EN13537 Extreme rating is a survival only rating for a ‘standard’ adult woman. “In the risk range a strong sensation of cold has to be expected and there is a risk of health damage due to hypothermia.” This is an extreme survival rating only and it is not advisable for consumers to rely on this rating for general use. The best guideline temperatures for purchase decisions are the TComfort and TLimit ratings.

For me I'd want the "Standard Woman," plus another 5* F.

Most sleeping bag ratings in the US are, IMHO, fictional. I have done well with Western Mountaineering, though.

Edited by OregonMouse (12/06/09 06:57 PM)