Originally Posted By dla
I don't mind horses. What I hate are the asinine restrictions against game carts and Mt.Bikes. The stupid people supporting those restrictions have obviously no experience on "wilderness" trails shared with pack animals.

I can't disagree there. In most places up here outside of the national parks, if horses are allowed, bikes are as well. And I do not see bikers doing anything like as much damage as horses.

Unfortunately in the national parks, bikes are much more restricted than horses - mostly due to tradition. Now the flip side is that the rangers sit on the horse campers a *LOT* - I have never found they "typical" horse packer pigsty left in a national park up here - I have in the provincial wilderness areas here.

Of course, another side of that is that in 15 years of carrying bear spray, I've never used it, and only had it out of the holster once in anger - and that was for a mountain biker with a serious attitude problem. I've had more issues about "operator attitude" and sharing the trail from mountain bikers than horse riders.

Edited by phat (12/05/09 04:00 PM)
Browse my pictures