The SureFire is 5.2 ounces, probably empty. I'm not sure I can help you because for what I do that flashlight would be too expensive and too heavy. Also, I have always preferred a head light. You can hold a head lamp in your hand, but can't put a flashlight on your head for cooking, setting up tents, reading etc. Even some of the inexpensive LED head lights have excellent lighting quality and enormous battery life compared to the old incandescent types. Perhaps you should try a couple of models and after comparing them send one back and get a refund. My wife purchased three LED flash lights Raovac brand for $10 or so (4 ounces each loaded). They have a sophisticated lens that makes a very bright, yet fairly wide beam. I am totally pleased with them, and have one in each car. They are plastic and may not last more than 5 or 6 years, but at $3.33 we can replace them. Besides, there will be better flash light newer technology next year! P.S. I just remembered, some head lamps I have seen come with a red light setting built in. That flashlight filter adapter looks pretty heavy too.

Edited by Pliny (11/19/09 02:24 PM)