Originally Posted By Rdljr
So am I correct that I need to look for a 4500CI+ internal frame pack to achieve the same carring capacity?

You can comfortably strap quite a bit more onto the outside of an external frame pack than you can to an internal framepack. But you can still strap some amount of stuff to an internal frame pack too, so you'll need a larger volume capacity inside, but maybe not quite that much larger.

Originally Posted By Rdljr
If that is true do you realy save any wieght by switching to an internal frame pack or is that more of a comfort thing?

My experience is that the typical internal frame packs (Osprey, Gregory, etc.) are significantly heavier than their external frame counterparts. Their advantage is that they hold the weight of your load close to your body, which makes the whole bundle feel lighter on your back.

However, there are lightly framed or unframed packs that are much lighter than typical internal frame packs, such as the Vapor series from Granite Gear, GoLite packs, etc. These will typically save you quite a bit of weight over an external frame.