So, I take it you are not a fan of the timeless classic sierra cup? Be careful, in certain National Parks, I am sure that the Sierra Cup must be plainly affixed to either pack or belt, like a hunting license. Failure to do so will at the very least earn you a baleful stare from the resident ranger.

Actually, you have a point with respect to the stainless steel version ("hot lips"). I have a couple of dust covered examples of the type around, and like most everything else made of SS, they are pretty much relegated to car camping.

In titanium, the deathless Sierra Cup is reborn, ready to serve a new generation. It is light, tough, and versatile. I use mine as a second cook kit, primarily for rewarming my too cool tea. It also comes in handy when digging for water. I have vivid memories of such an episode in the Sierra San Pedro Martyr a few years ago. Try that with your soulless, mass produced plastic!

I am sure I could bake bread in it, stuff it in a crack as an emergency rappel anchor, fry trout, etc. Its potential uses are almost beyond comprehension.

I actually pack the M1 A2 version, which features a recycled plastic snap lid, an Esbit holder, Esbit, tea bags, sugar packets, and aluminum foil wind screen. I need to throw in a lighter to make it complete. This goes with me on every hike - you never know when you will need a nice cup of tea..