Where is JimShaw indeed! I was figuring there would be a link to pictures JS had posted.

If you got one of these, could you soak it in a bucket of tea to dye it a dirty brown color?

no you can't dye spectra, it doesn't even get dirty cause when it gets rained on or sits in the snow, the dirt falls off.

I bought my white cloud (with blue trim) in 1988, and I ordered it through REI to get a 10% rebate. It was $500, had a real titanium stay and I had serial number 40. Later I bought another one from a climbing shop of the same age - I sold it too a backpacking buddy who still has it, and I am trying to get it back.

The water proof lining came out like dandruff (waterproffing didn't stick to it tooo well either) on all of my gear, but Kelty gave me a new cloud 6500 modular pack. Wow the original white cloud was one piece and weighed 51 ounces. The new one can be used in a 29 ounce state, or beefed up including moulded plastic back stiffener. The waist bands are replaceable, the pockets easily come off as does the top pocket and it has an optional winter piece that holds a shovel and maybe a jacket. DEFINITELY AN E TICKET.

Jim crazy