Alright, I've been doing some research and I have two bags that I think look excellent. Any input on either of these bags would be great!

Bag 1:
REI.COM

This bag is probably the better of the two because its down, water resistant, lighter... but the price is pretty high.

Bag 2:
REI.COM
This looks great as well, the reviews were all good. It is synthetic, weights 14oz more but its about $100 cheaper.

So these are my two choices. Its pretty obvious the Marmot is the better bag but is it worth the extra cash? I'm a total noob to backpacking, I've never gone before, I'm just starting to gather my gear now. So, is it worth getting the more expensive bag? I saved money and I could get the Marmot, but I would like to save the extra 100 and put it towards a nice tent. Also, the Marmot is on sale, so its a pretty easy choice right? I mean if its twice as much its probably a lot better quality... you get what you pay for, usually. Do I pull the trigger with the Marmot?

EDIT: I haven't really looked around much on other sites, but I'm sure I can find the Cats Meow cheaper on another site, REI tends to be pretty high.

Edited by Subie Love (10/12/09 04:56 PM)