“Cotton, even in a 50/50 or 60/40 blend, absorbs lots of water, gets horribly heavy when wet and takes forever to dry.”

Well, none of my shirts absorbs lots of water, gets heavy or takes forever to dry. I even swim in them since they’re light and dry fast. It’s all in the weave. There are very thick weaves (bad), and very thin weaves (excellent). Pick the thin weaves..

For example, my back, while backpacking, will be damp. It would be soaked if it wasn’t for the shammy I put in my GG Murmur. Anyway, during a 30 minute lunch/break, my shirt becomes totally dry (with 70% humidity). When I wear my REI Sahara shirt (totally nylon), my shirt never dries--- and I sweat a lot more (under same conditions). So that shirt is becoming a relic in my closet. It even has vents to breath; but it keeps my body too hot and doesn’t regulate my temperature well. Thus I have fell in love with JCPenney shirts and some Boy Scout shirts.

Another side point; this could just be me, but I have noticed that BO is not near as strong on cotton shirts as on synthetic shirts.

-Barry