Oh yeah my pack weight might be around yours. I like the idea of using poncho as a wind breaking "taco". The only reason i consider weight is because i am attempting the PCT this coming summer and pack weight is kinda important. I think it would be wicked to hike the PCT in comfort and style grin

What I have decided is to see the benefit cost ratio. Like if i sleep so well in a hammock I can pump out more mile because I am rested. I my mind I say yes, but in practice this might not be true. I just plan on buying a hammock and doing a few over nights, then put it in really test for a week long. Basically I plan on using the hammock for all other backpacking trips.

I also can decide on trying out an air sleep pad for my ground set up...maybe ill sleep just as well wink

Phat what might be the reason that you dont use an under quilt? I plan on using a sleeping pad regardless if i get an under quilt or not. Also what the dimensions of your tarp? Its great because you are using all the idea with the space blankets and batting with the "taco". How is that working out, any problems or tip?