You are perfectly correct to say that more food and fuel = more time out. And of course more time out is a sweet notion and I heartily approve! However, I would try to talk you out of carrying loads in excess of 60-65 lbs. - ever.

You say your goal is to take "long trips with no resupply".

I am going to interpret long as meaning covering many trail miles. The longest sections of trail in the USA where you can walk continuously and not cross a road are the John Muir Trail and an obscure route that criss-crosses the Pasayten wilderness up near the Canadian border in WA. You can do both trips in considerably less than 40 days.

With a lighter pack, you will enjoy your trail miles FAR more than if you're lugging a pack that stays considerably over 60 lbs. for the first couple of weeks. Such a load greatly increases your chance of injury or physical breakdown, too. That is bad news if it happens to you.

If by long trips you meant a lengthy stay in one remote spot, then you are typically going to be within a couple of days hike of the trailhead. If you fill your vehicle with a summer's worth of food, all you need do is hike down every few weeks, load up and head back in. There is no logistical need to carry 100 lbs in one load. The psychological difference between a trip to the trailhead every 20 days and every 40 days is pretty negligible. Or, you could hire a horse packer to bring it all in, as wandering daisy suggested.

The investment in such an enormous pack is not likely to repay your time or money, when there are other ways to skin the same cat at less cost, and less risk to your body.

Either way you decide, good luck and happy hiking. May you fnid your shangri-la.