Hello - not quite a newbie here, but only one trip in past two years since backpacking when I was a kid. I have a predicament, which I could use some advice for. I'm leaving Friday for a 3 day trip with husband and two friends. I'm not in the best shape, but 20lbs lighter than the last trip and I've been walking as much as possible in the last few weeks to get ready. Problem is I have fibromyalgia (yeah, I know I'm nuts for doing this) and a tight lower back from a stressful job. I actually need this trip to really get away from everything. Except for the back issue and the 20lb difference, I was in the same shape the last trip and did great after thinking I might never be able to do it. Just ended up with feet covered in blisters. Broken in trail shoes this time instead of boots. My pack has gone from around 35lbs the last trip to 23lbs so far for this trip. I'm still looking for something else to leave behind. One of my questions is, what's a good maximum weight pack for me being a 51 year old woman weighing 135 lbs and hiking 17-23 miles? I'm having an issue with the way my pack fits as well. I actually love my pack, but some of the adjustments don't work very well for me, particularly in the shoulder area. The last trip my shoulder was actually numb for awhile when I returned due to the strap cutting in. It still does it, but I made a couple of fleece pads last night (like you buy for seatbelts)and they seem to work. I've tried on packs made for women, but have been unable to find one I like or that actually fits well. The fit with the one I have now is more of a problem now due to my back issues. What can I do in the next day and a half to improve my situation so I don't kill myself on the trail?! I am determined to enjoy myself as much as I did the last time (in spite of the blisters.)I have never felt as euphoric as I did on that trip. Wow!! Thanks in advance for any suggestions.