Erica

smile I have to start this with a big smile. smile

I am being as gentle as I can. I would also not hike or camp with you. Why? Because anyone so hung up about camping in "shelters" that they would hike far enough to get sick rather than sleep on the ground is pardon me - not a camper, and not someone I would enjoy spending time camping with.

I get the feeling that the "icky" word is predominant in your atitude about camping. My friend felt the same way until I showed her how to relax and enjoy the out of doors, and how to stay clean and almost in "city condition".

I think you should meditate on this a bit. Why go if you are so scared? Why would anyone want to camp with someone so scared? Chill out. Get a tent or something and slep on the ground, its much nicer to have the privacy.

I think you will enjoy this a lot more if you just get into it. On a personal note, and you don't have to answer this. How are you at getting and being dirty? Are you trying to stay "clean" or are you willing to be smelly, dirty and disheveled? Maybe if you rolled in the dirt at the trail head you could relax more on your trip?
Jim YMMV crazy