Many years ago I had the grand idea to attend tennis camp with my best friend in Fayetteville, NC in June. Those of you familiar with "Fayettenam" know that this is consistently the hot spot in NC in the summer time. Afternoon temps were easily hitting 110 or more on the courts, and it was "clear skies" above the whole week. I was smart enough to know to drink drink drink so my friend and I would take a gallon of icewater with us to camp each morning. At lunch time we'd refill our jug with icewater for the afternoon. I believe we were the only 2 kids who did not have serious heat stress that week. We didn't have to take anyone to the hospital, but there was quite a bit of heat exhaustion going on. That is probably one of the few times in my life where I drank that much water each day. By the end of the week I felt like you could squeeze the water out of me. I certainly never did THAT again... but you're right... drinking water - plenty of water and electrolytes - is essential when you are exercising in the heat. Thanks for the reminder. Even here in AK this summer we need to remember to hydrate because it has been HOT!

MNS