I just received my two draft copies of my guide to off-trail routes in the Wind River Mountains. It is exciting to see it as a bound book! I hope to have it out about late Oct or Nov. I am spending the summer in the WInd Rivers to check on lots of loose ends and get some better photos. The guide has 48 routes. I may bring it up to 50 just to say "50 routes in the WInd Rivers"! Most routes are about 50% off trail.

Because so much travel is off-trail, I include detailed route lines on topo maps. I decided to put all the maps on a CD rather than have an appendix. This saves almost 100 printed pages (the book without a map index is 300 pages) and everyone can just print out their own map set and not have to flip back and forth from text to maps in the back.

I have gone through a small printer-publisher and will have to buy a minimum of 50 books and peddle them myself. I just like the ability to talk to a real person and unlike Lulu internet publishing, I can add as many color pages as I want or need for a set price per page. Although I have to put up more money to purchase a quantity set, I also make a lot more money per book.

It has been quite an experience! I learned a lot and now have to learn more about selling books. I will have them on the internet and hope to get them in some stores too. I am not sure I want to do this again! This may be my last guidebook. It is a lot of work.