I'm not worried about linings in cans, frankly. I was raised on formula, mom let me run around in a halter top every summer and I burned bad repeatedly (already had a lesion cut off my back) so I expect I will die of skin cancer before the BPA has a chance to get me. Or, maybe the BPA already got me cause mom always got can veggies on special, not to mention raviolis and other such gourmet fare. Or maybe those aluminum pans mom used to heat the canned goods the whole time I lived at home (birth to 19) will catch up with me and give me early onset dementia. Or maybe I'll fall off Half Dome when we go on the moonlight hike in August. Or then there's swine flu, which is starting to show up in my state. I drive around in a town full of people who merge randomly without signaling. And to top it off I'm smack in the middle of a cluster of gang territories. So, you know, I figure boiling water in the Fosters can six or seven times this year is probably pretty low on the list of risks I take. Excuse me while I roll my eyes loudly. whistle

http://hikeandbackpack.com