I have quite a few multitools and I take them out of the drawer and open em and stuff now and then, but I NEVER TAKE EM backpacking cause the only time I ever needed it was with my sled, when I needed the pliers on a clevis pin, so when I sled the pliers multi tool which weighs 7 oz, goes in the side pocket in the sled. So I guess yeh I take a 7 oz pair of pliers in my sled, why do I do that? Thats stupid. So basically I think multitools for backpacking are a waste of weight.

I have to say, relative to Pika and the tiny swiss army knife, I believe that for bping basically you only need a knife to spread mayonaise on your food, so a wide blade is better than a miniature narrow blade, so in that respect I carry a Gerber LST a 1.6 oz knife with a 2.5" long nearly 1 inch wide blade.

The actual tools that I carry are a miniature phillips and straight screw drivers and a pair of tweezers. I would rather carry specific tools than generic tools.

Oh, and a pair pf nail clippers. So I guess nail clippers are like safety scissors, and they go well with the LST.
Jim