Originally Posted By lori
I wanted to know what you meant by professional. Why you infer any hostility in the question is rather beyond me. The word "professional" tends to mean someone does something for a living, ie makes money doing it, and I was wondering if that was what you meant, because so very few of us are lucky enough to land jobs that allow us to do it on the job - I figured you were out following Andrew Skurka around, or filming Outward Bound trips, or maybe one of those "reality" survival guys.

Well Lori, that’s fine it just would have been nice for you to be a little more descriptive in your quote - as you just did. I guess my choice of words should have been extremely skilled as I stated in my last quote, you are correct in your assessment of the word professional.
I have made some money on my videos though it’s not my main source of income. Its more of combining a side business with a passion for the outdoors, I am trying to offer serious backpackers something to really help them decide that next big trip. I did make a video 15 yrs ago on Yosemite National Park though it was nothing like the one I am currently working on now, and have been for the last 3 yrs. It will cover probably 6 popular trails in Yosemite that have been chosen based on what they have to offer, verses time you have to invest. There will also be a bonus trip at the end (of the Sabrina Lake area by bishop) most likely 7 trips in total.
I am also working on a backpacking project I will be trying to sell to a major network such as you stated in your last quote, but I cannot talk too much about that now as I am not far enough along with that project yet. I can say one thing, it’s going to be good but I need to get this project finished first so I can invest more time in that one. Enjoy your summer and good hiking.

Edited by Yosemitehiker63 (05/28/09 11:20 AM)