Eric
So is the "state of Jefferson" = Jefferson County up by mt Jefferson?

Anyway if that piece of metal had been sharp, they might have been sewing your hand back on instead of sewing it up!

phat et all, I am an expert at cutting myself to the bone, I used to do it all the time and not just with my razor sharp boy scout knife either - hack saws etc come to mind, however I still have 10 digits so I can type.

I simply found that I tended to get more minor of knicks, more like scratches, from camping cuts, instead of cutting to the bone, with a duller knife. After nearly cutting my thumb off and a lot of jumping up and down and screaming and bleading all over, I took my favorite old homemade sheeth knife and pulled the blade across a rock with enough pressure to remove that extreme edge. And to this day I keep it just almost sharp.

Women tend to cut everything with scissors except in the kitchen. I think most kitchen knifes are not that sharp unless they are new. Dishwashers etc tend to dull them, and not to be sexist, but my experience is that women don't sharpen knives - its a male oriented thing. Most kitchen knives are
dull" by the "dull knife standard" and thats why women tend have most of their fingers.

There, how was that for politically correct and gentile? eek
Jim - Dull Knife - and proud of it, but I do sharpen them to clean game. Sometimes you need sharp, and a butcher, Ninja, carpenter or other edged tool professional should have the sharpest tool available. Note "professional" meaning trained and aware and wearing safety gear. oh yes, I only use sharp chainsaw blades.

Edited by Jimshaw (05/15/09 04:07 PM)