Base, synthetic MEC long johns, top and bottom. thermal fleece pants and british navy wool watch pants with suspenders. two merino wool shirts, a 100 wt fleece, cashemere sweater, 300 weight fleece, and a denim anorak.. liner socks wool socks, and felt pack boots with double insoles. ragg wool glove, wool mitten, and nylon overmitt. cashemere scarf and fleece toque or wool hat with earflaps. When sitting around ditch the outer 300 wt fleece and anorak to dry and pull the down frobisher parka out of the bag..

That's how you layer grin

Oh wait. you meant summer.. Seriously look at the gear list I link in my signature. I wear up to everything in that pack layered depending how cold it is. usually I sleep in the long johns and merino's with a toque on. if it's too cold to sit around camp in that, I get in my sleeping bag smile Typically in non-winter/summer I don't wear my long johns until getting in bed, but I'll layer up over a synth shirt with the merinos, and a fleece + windshirt and/or the MEC northern lite primaloft pullover (now sadly unobtainium in it's good format)

I put on my long johns when getting in bed. I'll typically throw pants back on over them when getting up in the morning and put everything on while doing breakfast and morning ablutions. I then change back to shirt and pants with the jacket on to pack up, then pull the fleece or jacket off to start hiking in the shirt again.

Browse my pictures