No bad experiences for me. I enjoy mine.
I've calculated a 16oz. boil to consume 0.3 - 0.4oz of fuel. (I weighed the canister before the test, boiled, then weighed the canister after the test.) Fuel consumption would increase with crazy wind, of course, but I've gotten very consistent results over the past couple of years with this stove.

I just weighed a brand new, large (8oz.) MSR canister at 12.6oz. An empty canister is 4.7oz... so 7.9oz of fuel on my +/- 0.1 oz scale. 7.9oz/0.4oz per 16oz boil = 19.75 boils / 2 people = 9.875 boils per person. This is perhaps misleading though. Once those canisters near the end of their life (probably the last 25% of their life), they consume slightly more than 0.3oz - 0.4oz per boil.

One of the downfalls of canister stoves is lugging around the extra fuel and metal canister... you just have to make a personal decision on how much fuel you are willing to carry. I always lean on the safe side because a good boy scout is always prepared. *laughs to himself for those type of weighty compromises* As always YMMV (or in this case: YBPCMV -your boils per canister may vary). smile