So I made a Super Cat stove. I have to say off the bat though, I used a cork opener to create the holes, and pushed a tire repair kit tool through to create a hole I thought was close to 3/16".

I also eyed the measurements as I do not have the right tools. So needless to say it was a little less than perfect lol...but looked alright...

Still....the Super Cat worked great. I hiked a trail this weekend, it was about 25 degrees, a wind of about 10 mph. (Using a windscreen) It took about 6 mins to boil water, as soon as it boiled, however, it quickly died no more than a minute later. Which would be bad if I was trying to cook a meal, but this was just for tea.

I since have bought some new tools to add to my repertoire, so I plan on making another Super Cat, just more precise.

Believe it or not I have been so absorbed by making my own stove that I have yet to really test the Vargo. I plan on this weekend. I will take pics of the Super Cat when I perfect it.

I really like the Super Cat though, it performed to what I think was well giving the conditions, and it only cost me about 75 cents to make! Not including the aluminum flashing I bought for a windscreen (7 bucks)

I saw somewhere on the internet to make flame proof coozies. I was hoping to make one for my snow Peak Trek 700 so I can increase the efficiency of my stove, and keeping food/drink hotter longer. Any suggestions?