Quote:
Begin rant- TV sets come with an off switch.

I watch cable news with my wife in the morning, and the "Daily Show" when I come in from programming or telling Washington how to run the country, and that's usually about it.

I've never sat through an entire episode of Bear Grylls. Actually, I've probably seen less than 15 minutes total of this guy. My daughter's fiance told me about him eating something out of bear poop a few days ago. I'll be tucking that survival tip away in case I ever need it. The bear poop we saw the last time we spent a few nights in the wilderness had Persimmon seeds in it we could have eaten. In fact, I did eat some of the Persimmons that were hanging on a tree near there. If I'd only known....

But we should really give Bear his due credit. He is an entertainer. He's successful at it too. It could very well be that he'd joke about his on camera stunts with you while drinking a beer with you, and that he'd buy the beer too.

While we were in Mexico a few weeks ago I watched no TV at all, only checked my email once, and never surfed the web, but I did I read three books. "Into the Wild", "Cat's Cradle", and "Marley and Me". The first two were very entertaining. The latter was really a waste of time, but I was out of stuff to read.

I read a story somewhere about a kid who watched his first TV show. Afterward his dad asked him what he thought of it. He said something like, "It was okay, but with the radio the pictures are still better." That's exactly how I feel when I'm reading a good book.

I'll go out on a limb and make a prediction... Soon, very soon, there will be a movie made about "A Couple of City Slicker Dumbbells that Follow in the Footsteps of a Popular TV Survivalist and the Crazy Antics that Ensue on Their Wacky Wilderness Adventure". BTW, the "Bear Poop Scene" is hilarious...

I'd write the script and become rich and famous but I have to go install a sump pump in the basement, feed the Donkeys, then tell Washington how to run the country today.

Bill

"You want to go where?"