Originally Posted By Jimshaw
Bill,

What really upsets people here are irresponsible dog owners who take them to no dog areas in the national forest. The skiers will pet your dog and suggest that you take her to a legal dog park up the road a couple o'miles.

I hear you on that. It drives me nuts when I see folks out with dogs in areas they shouldn't be in. What adds to the irritation though is that pretty much anywhere you go now in Idaho is now wolf territory. So when I see someone out with their dogs, I always almost want to tell them they should have just left the dogs at home or back in camp. Having lived in Alaska for a little while and seeing what wolves do to dogs, I'm not one for wanting to see someone lose a dog or two because their owner ignored some re-established rules in the mountains and want to pretend like it is still 15 years ago.

Heck, I'm waiting for folks in the foothills here around Boise to start reporting wolf sightings. I was up snowshoeing on the front side of the Boise range and came across a ton of wolf tracks in the snow.