Lori,
Pictures?????????????

BF cool

Ok...

A pretty good shot of the shelf:

That's what a nine year old looks like while being eaten by a Blackbird. laugh

Big feet in a big footbox:

Head end with JRB Hudson River:

Shelf sticks out over the side of the quilt.

The coolest things about this hammock:
Side zipper runs the length of the hammock. I was able to lay in the hammock, adjust the gather of the head end of the underquilt, feel how much loft I had underneath me, and adjust the foot end.
The bugnet can be flipped back and fastened out of the way if there are no bugs.
The foot box - I can lay on my right side, left side, my back, do a body twist (believe it or not you can lay on your side *and* your back in a hammock) - it was hard to be UNcomfortable in this hammock.
The roominess - lots more space with the bugnet in place than in my Hennessy.
The adjustment of the lines - I like the tri rings and straps. The setup is long enough to use trees 15-20 feet apart.
The shelf held a fat book, headlamp, socks, gloves, camera, wallet, and several other small items without becoming a nuisance.
Works really well with my underquilt/top quilt, both JRB Hudson Rivers. These are 3 season quilts. Very warm and light, very happy with them.

The ridgeline appears loose in the pics - when I got in the ridgeline went taut as it should be.

Added: in the third picture, there is a bag at the far end of the hammock; this is the double ended stuff sack it goes into. It's about a third the size of the stuff sack of the Clip Flashlight tent my bf and his 9 yr old slept in. The 10x11 tarp fits into an even smaller sack if I force it; I used a 4x6 sack for it. On this setup I need two stakes for the hammock and 8 for the tarp.

[img:left]
[/img]

Bet you can't do this with two tents! We were expecting the clouds to blow up and rain on us.

Edited by lori (02/16/09 09:30 AM)
Edit Reason: add another pic

http://hikeandbackpack.com