Originally Posted By hikerduane
Thank you Jason for more info. I figure if I buy from REI, it can be returned if I'm not happy as they have a very liberal return policy. How can one go wrong? Plus, it is guaranteed for life.

No more new "stuff" anyone?
I'm going to keep going laugh

Granite Gear has their new Air Reduction DryBlok Solid. That's a mouthful, but it is an amazing new compressions sack. They have replaced the webbing with removable cordage for compressing the sack making it 30% lighter than the Air Compressors. They've also made it with a roll-top closer and a swath of eVent material on the bottom. This is the best compression sack available currently on the market. It's totally waterproof, easy to load up, and the cordage works very well in compressing the whole thing.

They also have a new pack called the Flash. This takes the place of the Precipice. The Flash looks alot like the Meridian Vapor (removable top-lid that converts to a fanny pack), but is much more durable and is a top-loader only. For anyone interested in super lightweight, but doesn't want to compromise durability and loves a top lid, this is a great pack! It weighs in at 3lbs, 1oz. and is available now.

Granite Gear recently won a huge military pack contract, the largest offered any manufacturer based on their unique features, durability, and comfort. They went up against Arc Teryx, Kelty, Mystery Ranch, and others. This will allow Granite Gear to continue to innovate for many years to come and it will also mean that our soldiers have some of the best gear available today. The pack that'll be made for them, called the CHIEF Patrol Pack, retails for $500! It is amazing (though too heavy for most posters on this forum)! I'm hoping to get one soon just because it's sooo cool!

Edited by jasonlivy (02/12/09 05:52 PM)