Paddy
quote"
I have seen many hammock designs, I have yet to see one that didn't have some bow in it when occupied. I would be interested in any photos someone could show me of one of these flat hammocks."

Well sir the Golden gate bridge is over a mile long and just tied the ends and its sort of "flat". I would think that suspension cables stretched over head with half a dozen cables to the hammock should do it. crazy
thanks
Actually I think what they are talking about is your body actually being twisted a significant amount away from the "line of force" through the hammock. True the hammock is like a parabola, but there are still straight lines intersecting it at angles. You sort of sleep sideways in the middle of them, to some degree. Or thats the explaination I got...

I do not like hammocks, sick its impossible to change cloths in them. I tried tying my wrists and ankles to opposing trees to hang for the night, but when it started raining it was tough to get my rain gear on. I prefer a tent and sleeping on the ground like God intended for apes to do - um ..... eek
Jim thanks crazy

Jim