I'll be one of the many bodies lying on the floor at REI when the NeoAir comes out, but I'm not buying without an extensive trial. If they have to wake me up when the store closes, I'll buy it!

I've already had experience with an air mattress (BA Clearview) that was ostensibly as thick as my POE Insulmat Max Thermo (whose name is now slightly abbreviated to Ether Thermo). However, because of its having more and smaller tubes, the BA pad is thinner when blown up than the POE pad (I inflated both and put them side-by-side). I kept blowing air in and letting it back out of the BA pad and never could find a happy medium between having my hip hit the ground and having the mat hard as a brick. With the POE pad, blowing it up about halfway allows my hip and shoulder to settle into a nice cushiony surface, keeping my spine level when I'm on my side. (I do have rather ample (!) hips.) Noting the large number of tubes in the NeoAir, I strongly suspect I'll have the same problem with it. Too bad, because I'd sure love the lower weight. If the 9 oz. is accurate, it will be about half the weight of my POE pad.