If someone has just checked the market to see what is out there, they would know where this tent was at just by price. Clearly it is not top-of-the-line or near top-of-the-line but rather down between the minimally-functional and joke categories. I would not waste my time looking just because probabilities would be so much against it having any practical utility.

My wife --who teaches violin -- deals with the same concept all the time. She will refer students (or their parents) to a variety of price ranges from sources she considers reliable. Then people come in with a deal they found on ebay because it was such a good price. Unfortunately, it is not a violin that you can actually play -- it's just a fake, imitation violin that acts as a medium to take people's money without providing them value in return.

It's a basic principle . . .
There may be features in top of the line items that are not needed by the average user or just branding fluff that provides bragging rights for those who can afforde the most expensive. BUT it simply isn't reasonable to suppose that the average person purchasing the items in the middle of the pack would throw their money away if the same features/value/performance were available at a lower price.