Pliny, it's pretty hard to find any brand of tarptent without a sewn-in floor and full netting these days; you have to special order. The exception is the pyramid-style tents made by Mountain Laurel Designs, Oware and a few others. My Tarptent Squall 2 is completely bug-proof without anything having to be done to it. It is the lightest 2-person tent from Tarptent.

The Six Moon Designs Refuge X is certainly the lightest 2 person tent right now, but it's not currently available because Ron Moak is tweaking the design. The silnylon version of the Refuge is available.

I'm still waiting for Gossamer Gear to get the Squall Classic (made by GG but designed by Henry Shires of Tarptent) back on the market. It's an ounce or two lighter than the SMD silnylon Refuge and has a bathtub floor.

AntiGravity Gear has the O2 tent which is an ounce heavier than the silnylon SMD Refuge.

To me, both the Refuge and the AGG O2 present a design problem for two people because of the side door. If the person at the back of the tent needs to get out, (s)he has to crawl over the person next to the door or shove that person out the door! If you're going to only one door (necessary to have the tent light), it would seem better to have it at the end so both occupants can access it. On the other hand, if the second occupant is a small child, having the parent next to the door might be a good thing!

Edited by OregonMouse (02/08/09 04:46 PM)