OK, Jason, forget my post above. I really enjoy your videos and have recommended them to others. I started using "free" stuff from home, such as margarine tubs for cups and bowls, back in the 1980s. And of course there are all those "free" bottles (although in Oregon it means foregoing the 5 cent deposit) that can be used as water bottles.

I have a question about your tea light stove ("Klasslite"). How tall is the hardware cloth pot support? I am really tempted to switch to an alcohol stove for shorter trips. I did a comparison--for 8-10 day trips, a canister stove plus fuel is lighter, but for anything less, alcohol is lighter. The "Klasslite" certainly looks a lot easier to make than such stoves as the Super Cat (I still have two cans of cat food in my pantry, but no cat-=my dog is allergic to most kinds of dog food, so I don't want to risk giving him cat food). Anyway, if you could give me an idea of how tall the pot support should be, I'll try it out. Thank you!

Edited by OregonMouse (02/05/09 04:34 AM)