Personally, I can't aford nice new gear and found that the trade off's when using disposables are unacceptable. So I first look around the house for things that I can take and then think of the weight. After going "lightweight",by making much of my own gear, I'm much happier with the load that is on my back. I also find it fun to make gear, test it and if it doesn't work, well I've learned something anyway. I would love to own a new Clark hammock setup but my DIY hammock works fine. My popcan stove and heine pot have served me well. I've learned so much from this site and from most of those that post on this site. I'm certainly no expert and have respect for those that are experts here. Namely Jim S. Jason K. Phat and on and on. On another note,FYI, I was walking with a group the other day and met some people that get to bpack way more than me in places I dream of being able to go someday. The converstation migrated to sites like this. Some feel that there is too much picky disagreements and banter on sites like this. I'm guilty of it myself and have regreted it to the point of making ammends thru a P.M. Everyone should take all this info with a grain of salt. It's easy to hammer someone that you've never met. But I think once you met them you would probably find a lot in common. My point, Let's play nice in the sandbox.

Peace Out.