Originally Posted By Jimshaw

P.S. OK so I weighed my lexan spoon at .3 oz. I pulled down a 12 ounce plastic cup from the cupboard and it weighs 2 oz. So for 2.6 oz I get a regular kitchen cup and an indestructable fork AND spoon. Total value around $5 retail. I can stand on the cup. crazy
Interestingly it weighs less than my titanium setup which cost around $45.

I think you just flawlessly demonstrated a big part of what Jason’s video is also about by reaching into your cupboard and finding a couple of trail worthy items. Jason’s lineup of free gear promotes out-of-the-box thinking. You don't have to go out and spend $12 on the latest and greatest titanium spork (some may even call that ridiculous), when there are so many other options of equivalent weight that would work just as well. On the other hand, I do love my titanium spork laugh!

Originally Posted By Phat

I do draw the line at a canpot. I've tried 'em, I wreck them too easy, and then I really am up the creek without a paddle.

Yup, I have to agree. I've taken them on trips and had some very close calls. No matter how well I try to protect the canpot, it would return with indents and crushed sections after a trip. I'd just end up making new ones. The miniscule weight makes them very tempting, but in the long run, it's just not worth it (for me anyway).