Ok for staters im definatley a hammock convert id sleep no other way of course unless there is no trees in which id rather bivey in a hammock and have a hammock when there are trees aposed to not having the hammock at all. That being said in no way shape or form consider myself an ultralite backpacker or a minimalist. I am just verry fortunate to live in a generation where our gear is alot lighter than our forefathers of the backcountry. So as far as gear goes il cut ounces were i can but not at the sacrafice of comfort or saftey. As far a where i'll be hiking this year mostly in GA,NC,SC, and maybe TN. Starting with a 5 day jaunt yo-yoing the pine mountain & mountain creek trails At F.D. Rososevelt statepark in GA i will copleate the main trail and hit all the alternate trails on the way back. This is where i would be testing this new pack setup. Id also like to through hike the bartam national heritage trail and the chattoga national wild and scenic trail here in Ga as well before i start my section hike of the AT's first 200 miles. im looking into alot more new gear for this pack aswell.but as of right now the library is closing so im out of time.
GOOD LUCK
SAMOSET