If indeed you're not hard on gear, *and* if weight is a significant factor for you, then of what REI offers (last time I checked ...), I'd consider the REI branded Komperdell carbon fiber poles. (With no springs --- "one more thing to break" is one reason I no longer like shock absorbers on poles).

For some (perhaps many) people, the initial reaction to saving a little weight in trekking poles is "ho hum, who cares about that small a weight saving?". But when I offer to briefly swap poles on the trail, people don't want to give mine back ... it's a little like the old saw about "X pounds on your feet is equivalent to Y pounds on your back" (where, depending on who's telling it, Y is some different multiple of X). You're lifting your arms and moving those poles constantly.

The BD poles might indeed be best for you, again, depending on what you want to optimize. For those that can avoid just pushing (literally pushing) forward when their pole gets stuck (potentially to the point of breakage), I like carbon fiber poles a lot. I've got 3000 or so miles on mine and expect to get a lot more.