Barry:

"I bought Zone bars and that it might have tainted peanut butter in it"

Geez, finally an explanation for those posts of yours over on the off-topic forum, global warming to be exact. You are just "zoned out" on tainted peanut butter from those recalled energy bars. wink

Oregon Mouse: I will heed your advice. A few days ago I bought a jar of organic, (& non-hydrogenated) natural peanut butter and back home did a taste test of it and a jar of big-grocery-store-brand peanut butter in the fridge . My 'baser instincts' preferred the latter, the cheaper one. But then I got to looking at the ingredients, and saw that my "baser instincts" were being lured by what was in the cheap brand. Right after peanuts was CORN SYRUP followed closely by SUGAR and a total of 13 additional ingredients that were NOT peanuts. The organic peanut butter was just peanuts and a little salt.

With no ingredients like magnesium oxide, copper sulfate, ferric phosphate and ALL THAT SUGAR, no wonder the organic "just-peanuts" peanut butter came in second in my base taste test. And to think that all that crap is in there so that it's sweet and we consumers won't have to (god forbid) stir it. (And why the cheaper, store-brand stuff with all those additives is suffering from, as Woody Allen might put it, "peanuts envy.")

When my contest was finished, I grabbed the taste-test winner and promptly threw it in the wastebasket (aka doing the right thing.)

(avatar: raptor, Lake Dillon)