I have been giving some thought into doing some thru-hiking this year. And concidering im long over due for some new gear. I figured I Would put to gather a new pak. Starting with a hammock. Ive made a few homemade hammocks from various materials and have absolutely loved them. I personly am leaning towards A clark north american because of the 4 season Capability. I have spent 43 nights in a hammock before in cool weather in carolina beach under a leanto shealter and under stand the need for some sort of under insulation. Second i would like to get a quilt that i could use in pretty cool weather. Maybe 20f Especially if i decide to tri some longer hikes after i knock a few of thease shorter ones of my list.I have no Idea What make or brand for im still researching them so any suggestions are welcome. Third i would like to add a new stove to my collection im kinda leaning towards Trail Desighns Caldera Ti-Tri because i like the adaptability of being able to burn esbit, alc, or wood. I kind do that already with my folding steal esbit stove and a tealight and some aluminum foil. If i end up doing some long trails i might grab the snowpeak lightmax aswell and keep it in a bounce box For backup or just a change of pace. And last but not least i would like to purchase a new pack and if i decide to keep taking my closed cell foam pad I might get the jam2 depending on how all my gear fits and how it feals. Im more than open to any suggestions i,ll Proabably take a day and try on multible packs with Gear,food and watter.
Thanks in advance for any sugesstions Samoset
ohyeah i threw a few polls in there for a little fun
Hammocks
Multiple choices allowed

Votes accepted starting: 01/29/09 05:25 PM
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.
Stoves
Multiple choices allowed

Votes accepted starting: 01/29/09 05:36 PM
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.

Edited by Samoset (01/29/09 06:15 PM)