You can cook and dehydrate the Dreamfields pasta. Then, if you have a blood glucose meter, you can rehydrate it and see if it causes your hubby's glucose to spike. If it spikes too much, set aside the idea of this low carb form of pasta for him.

I had no problem with it, but I hear of some people who spike with Dreamfields prepared in the normal way, and many more who don't.

Buy frozen veggies and dehydrate them. There are a few you will want to cook some first, like green beans.

In some health food stores and health food sections of grocery stores, there is a product called "Eden Black Soy Beans", not to be confused with "Eden Black Beans". The carb content of the black soy beans is much lower. Just buy a couple of cans, open them, drain them and then dehydrate them. They have low carb count and rehydrate very well. I like them a lot and use them myself, in the dehydrated form.

Be sure to take and use lots of Olive Oil, or somethig similar.

Be sure and take lots of foil packages of Mayonnaise and I really like to mix a Mayo pack with a Mustard pack. Makes a great taste and loads you up with calories. I often use 2 mayo and 2 mustard packs.

There are a number of low carb flat breads, which pack fairly well. There are brands like "La Tortilla Factory", "Flatout" and several more. Some WalMarts carry them at a much lower price than in grocery stores or health stores. They are near the Deli cases in my local WalMarts. These keep for a while and stay in one piece if you can keep them from being crushed, or if you cut them into more manageable sizes and shapes. I have forgotten the name of the major tortilla brand that also makes low carb tortillas. They want an arm and a leg for them.

Sometimes you can find Heinz one carb ketchup, but it is hard to pack. I suppose you can dehydrate it and rehydrate as needed. I am not that much of a ketchup user.

Any meat in a pouch is great. Freeze dried is ok too.

Be sure to buy dried onion pieces rather than dehydrate them yourself.

Jim