I have a great value for you. If you only trek as often as you say I don't think that I would go out and purchase a$300- $400 bag. I bought a bag from Wal-Mart (the web-site-not the store) It claims to be a "0" degree bag and for Wal-Mart that is probably a 20-30 degree bag but that should do you well where you are planning to trek. The good thing about this bag is that it only cost about $25.00. It is bigger than I would carry very often or maybe at all and is probably around 5 lbs. which is just too heavy for my needs. It comes with it's own stuff sack which is good coming from Wal-Mart and it stuffs down to about 10"X16". I tested it to see if would fit in the bag compartment of my pack and it went in but not easily. It was very tight where I can place my bag in there and still have room to put other stuff in the same compartment. I do think that this bag will fit your needs and will save you a ton of money compared to some others of the lighter weight and smaller size and far as their "stuff" size. Hope that helps...sabre11004...

The first step that you take will be one of those that get you there !!!!!