So far everybody has good ideas. I will have a couple doses of an anti-inflammatory and maybe some medical tape on me. Otherwise I have a full aircraft of medical supplies to use.

Some of the definitivie things I'm going to include is:

1. fire starting supplies-Most likely a bic lighter and some vaseline cotton. A tealite candle and 6' of duct tape-which burns real well and will burn wet.

2. A small signal mirror

3. Leatherman

4. power bar or snickers.

5. Small cordage of some type

6. space blanket or bivy (which is a must)

Also a few ideas' i've been throwing around. I know a guy who carries a tampon in his kit. He will use it to "go fishing" into the fuel tank and soak up some fuel for a fire, or will break it apart and use it to start a fire. I like the idea of some 120# dacron test fishing line for cordage or dental floss. I'll probably use one or the other. Also I've been kicking around the idea of taking a disposable roasting pan and cutting out the bottom to the overall shape of my kit and putting a flat piece in there. That way I can bend myself a flat-bottomed low sided pan/bowl if I need to boil water. It wouldn't hold much, but some is better than nothing. Also a short straw to drink out of it might be a good idea. I could also use it to start my kindling on if the ground is wet or snowy. I don't go anywhere without my leatherman. So it will be in a pocket at all times. I'm also considering keeping a #16 Elk hair caddis fly and a hare's ear nymph fly in there. Around here there is always a trout stream to get food from. I could always make a make-shift fishing pole out of a willow shoot. A few friends swear by those cheap ring-saws. I think they are pretty much a POS compared to my leatherman saw. I think I'll just keep my leatherman for that reason. I would love to have a sil-nylon tarp or even use a painters tarp. But I have a feeling both will be to big and bulky.

Thanks for the ideas so far. Keep 'em coming! Just remember, lightweight and has to fit into a cargo pocket!

Doug