I suggest you search the web and/or your local office supply store for a "postal scale" --- not a kitchen scale. Typically I'd expect you would get a unit that's accurate up to 0.1 ounce, if not indeed down to a gram if that's important to you. I'd suggest an electronic unit, not one that uses springs.

The particular version I have has a 5 pound capacity. That's mostly just fine --- after all, my base weight is not too many multiples of that (!). But in retrospect something like a 10 or even 15 pound capacity might have been nicer for weighing aggregates of stuff, such as a bear can containing a weeks worth of food.

To weigh bulky items, most postal type scales will have a "tare" function. This allows you to put a light basket or flat board or something like that on top and reset the scale to ignore the weight of the added platform, which in turn allows you to put something bulky on a fairly small weighing device.

While a bit time consuming, I enjoyed the process of weighing various stuff and putting it into a spreadsheet. FWIW, I found it helpful to put the weight in one unit (say, grams) but also display in a couple of other units (ounces, pounds). This makes it easier to compare existing weight to however the weight is expressed for an item I'm considering for purchase/replacement. I hope you enjoy the process too!