wandering_daisy, that's all very true and it covers an aspect I ignored in my previous posts.

The people in the wheelchairs that I worked with were severely injured. I'm sure if it was their own risky behavior that led to their condition they have had regrets.

I learned a lot from the stories they told me. It made me more careful. And it's made me try to make sure others are careful too. I failed to do that in my previous comments.

And it made me realize how true TomD's point is about how random accidents can change peoples lives in an instant, because not everyone I worked with was a risk taker.

I have had some issues with the media and in a few cases I took action. I called Subaru a few years back and told them to stop running a commercial they had with a car driven by teen boys zooming through mountain roads (They played the song "Radar Love" in this spot). They pulled the ad that week.

I wrote CNN a year or two ago and told them to stop showing the names and faces of "Shooters" a zillion times. I wrote directly to Jeffery Toobin. They, as well as other networks scaled that back a lot, and I'm talking the next day.

What I told them both was basically this... That I would call the next victim and tell them that I had wrote to the company and urged them to stop promoting the issue at hand. And I would offer to testify in court, bring copies the letters I wrote and I would prove they were informed of my concerns, which were detailed, and fully aware of the problems I'd pointed out, and continued with their reckless behavior.

That's a pretty big stick, so it works. At least the times I've done it, it worked.

Bill

"You want to go where?"