I'd like to reopen the topic on how everyone weighs things. Know it has been discussed before, but looking again for some advice.

In a recent discussion I guessed at the weight of a lens filter and was off by probably 300 per cent, which brought forth a humorous comment. I had tried to find my wife's food scale -- which doesn't work well -- but she seems to have hidden it from me, so I just guessed. Fortunately, I'm better with distance, especially when hiking on cliff-side trails.

Is there one good scale that can weigh everything, from packs to spice cannisters, and I just don't know about it? Are hikers using a variety of scales, all good? Anyone have a good, but inexpensive one? How do you weigh bulky items like jackets, sleeping bags? Use more than one scale? JasonK, have you got a video about it?

Please post your thoughts, maybe an image, to help enlighten me so I can get one and not have to resort to some obscure weight measurement -- my pack weighs about .4 qedetys and my sleeping bag a little over one shady -- to CMA. blush

(avatar: raptor, Lake Dillon)