That's why my Hysson is on leash a good part of the time. When he's off-leash, I keep him close to me, preferably on the trail right behind me. It isn't just bear--I don't want him going after any wildlife, large or small. A bull elk or moose is not something you want a close encounter with, either.

Condensation--yes, there will be more, especially if the dog is large. I found from experience that human plus dog in a solo tent is not a good idea. As Phat mentions, there's that morning full-body tail-wag!

What you really want, if you can afford it, is a 2-person shelter for you and your dog and a 3 person shelter when you're out with the GF and two dogs. However, Tarptent's 3-person Rainshadow 2 (the "2" refers to the model and not to the tent's capacity) is only 2 1/2 lbs., so it might just do for both occasions until you can save up for a lighter shelter for just you and the dog. It has plenty of capacity for two people and two dogs and I've had no condensation problems so far--even on the drizzly Olympic NP coast with three people inside and the beak extended (no dogs allowed there).

With the dog pack, be sure to work up gradually--walks every day for weeks before the trip, with gradually increasing weight, to strengthen his muscles and especially to toughen up his pads. You don't want to have to carry out an 80-lb. dog because his pads have gotten bloody! I've found that carrying his pack helps keep Hysson from wandering away or doing his run-around-in-big-circles routine when we hit a meadow. I always have him on leash the first hour of the morning (until he calms down), and after that it depends on the surroundings. Can we see a long distance ahead or could we come upon wildlife unexpectedly? Are there other people around? (I always assume that people we meet don't like dogs and bring Hysson to heel.) Is there a horse party around? (Hysson is very good around horses but that doesn't mean that the the sight of him wouldn't spook one.)

And please, treat the dogs' poop as you would your own--bury it in a cathole or (if close to the trailhead) pack it out.