Originally Posted By Little Otter

I have been leaning towards the MSR Fling. Anyone use one?
There have been many amazing updates to tents in recent years. The Hubba Hubba (first viable 2 man, 4lb., double-door, double-wall, freestanding tent), cottage-industry tents like the TarpTent, and various designs of single wall tents. There has never been a better time to buy a tent.

I've used the Fling and really like it. It is freestanding, but can be made lighter by leaving the middle pole at home. I personally like the fact that it's freestanding and am willing to carry the slightly extra weight. It has a ton of room (almost a 3 man tent) and has some unique technologies that make it livable.

One of the best things about the Fling is it's ease of setup. Although you will experience condensation in the Fling (much more than in your ve24 by the way), the moisture will run down the walls, and due to the unique "pockets" located on the sides, will pass outside through no-see-um mesh.

I also really like the new Skinny 2 tent from MSR. I've slept in it a couple of times and felt it was one of the best single wall tents currently for the money. It is patterned after the MSR DragonTail (ultra-light mountaineering tent) and uses a wind tunnel to keep things dry inside, even if it is raining. I also love the huge window at the end of the tent that offers great views outside and for the condesation from your breath to escape. However, if it starts raining, all you have to do is quickly zip up the window and you will remain perfectly dry. This would be my recommendation if you are serious about a single wall tent.

Hope that helps grin.