I acheived my 5lb base weight goal...actually came in 2 ounes less then 5lbs, which is something I have been working towards for about two years now. So I have gone from a 40 pound base weight pack (60 total with food, fuel, water)for a weekend four years ago to the current weight I am at now. Which is about 12-15 lbs pack weight for a weekend. I have found this to be actually a very comfy weight zone for me. Knowing that I am capable of/did do it has freed me up to take along more or less depending on my trip. I think the one piece of gear I got this year that was the coolest was the cuben fiber tarp I bought from Joe at Z Paks. Out of all of this I have learned to be more self reliant, and rezilant. To think through a situation more thuroughly when it does arise and make sure keep mor in tune with what my body and surroundings are telling. This year's goal will be big mileage day goals. And to start another big mental backpack trip by getting into and going to grad school.