Put me in the both added and subtracted category.

I made a poncho-tarp only to decide that I didn't really like it and switched back to my 8'x10' sil tarp.

I replaced my worn Marmot Precip jacket with Driducks. Much lighter and keep me drier both from the inside and out.

Bought a Caldera Cone set up for my mug. Its a little heavier than my previous alcohol set up, but the windscreen is much less fickle and the mug is a lot more stable. The ease of use is definitely worth the increase in weight.

I replaced my MS Phantom, which has been much too large for a while now, with a second hand ULA Conduit. That saved me about 2 lbs in total. I'm now completely converted to hipbelt pockets smile.

I bought a pair of Inov8 Flyrocs as my first dedicated trail shoes. I've previously just used other tennis shoes that I had around, which wasn't exactly ideal. I had also worn some Salomon Tech-Amphibs so the Flyrocs didn't take long to get used to.

I discovered how great merino wool can be as a garment in the form of an Icebreaker shirt. I don't think I took it off once on my week long trip in Colorado smile

On the more extreme end of things I replaced my aging P&S digicam with a Nikon D40 dSLR. I've always enjoyed nice photographs and was always disappointed with a lot of the pictures I took. I picked it up as an early Christmas gift to myself and I'm liking it so far. It hasn't made it on the trail yet, but judging from the 1400 or so pictures I've taken with it I think I will be much more pleased with the pictures I bring back from the trail. Its definitely a big increase in weight though.

I'm still trying to find a menu that I like. No matter how good something tastes at home, I always have trouble keeping my appetite on the trail. You can only live on Snickers and Pringles for so long...

Adam