A Baltoro for $125?? I thought I got a deal on mine at twice that much.

On that note, a Baltoro isn't necessarily a Baltoro. TNF renamed their jackets a couple of years ago. The latest version of my Baltoro is now the Himalayan. Then there was a Baltoro that had some kind of fake fur collar, if I remember right, but that seems to be gone. There is supposed to be a lot of counterfeit TNF stuff on eBay, but I really don't know. The knockoffs, if they are out there would be Nuptses or something like them. The Baltoro is too specialized to be worth knocking off.

In any event, a big jacket like mine, as Carter suggests is good for sitting around. I wouldn't be going anywhere in it unless I was actually in the Himalaya at altitude or maybe on Denali. And yes, once the hood is up, you can't see Jack except straight ahead because it sticks out so far.

As far as pants go, I have a pair from GoLite, but don't think they make them anymore. Got mine on a closeout a while back. If you get a pair, get full zips. Way easier to put on and no need to take off your boots. I would say side zips are a must. I have a pair of fleece pants wtihout them, but I prefer the other ones.