As others have mentioned, that is a HUGE pack. As with all your gear, be sure to consider 1) how long you'll be out and 2) where you'll go, since that will go a long way in determining what kind of gear you'll be taking along. As a general rule, the 5000-6000+ cubic inches packs are used for long trips with few places to restock on supplies, cold-weather trips with lots of bulky winter gear, and maybe folks who are out hunting and need the extra room to carry their prize back in. If you're going out for 2-7 days at a time between resupply you should be good with a 3000-4000 cubic inch pack. Just make sure it fits, and here's the catch-22. Good outdoors stores often have knowledgable folks with the tools to help you fit a pack properly, but have the more expensive brands of packs (since you mentioned that cost was an issue). On the other hand, stores that cater to a wider variety of outdoor sports will generally have cheaper prices, but less-knowledgable staff who may not be able to help you as much. The REI website has a couple of videos about fitting packs. I have an Alps Mountaineering pack (4200 ci) and love it, and it sure didn't break the bank. But above all, go with what is sized correctly for your body and is comfortable to carry with about 20 lbs in it (ask the staff to help you load it up and walk around for a bit).

I can't really talk tents, not really my area of particular gear interest. As long as it keeps the chiggers and ticks off me, I'm good!

The Pocket Rocket is an awesome stove, I carry one with me whenever I'm outdoors and it's just great. You should have no problems with it if you're cooking for 1-2.

Hope that helps, and that you enjoy your first trip out with your new gear!